If you, as a developer, have created apps for your clients with previous versions of Progress OpenEdge v.12, you are probably working on migrating from desktop to web. This process can be very long and inefficient, because there is no way to perform automated migration.
Given this scenario, alternatives that allow for more efficient development in a web environment become a key element of the process. This is the case with DataGate GDP, a tool developed specifically to streamline development in OpenEdge V.12.2 or higher. DataGate GDP features a drag-and-drop interface that facilitates the creation process, such as web form creation. To better understand how it works, we invite you to watch the following videos:
- Generate web forms for Progress OpenEdge
- How to create web forms with DataGate DGP for Progress® OpenEdge
- Discover how DataGate GDP for Progress® OpenEdge works.
What steps should I follow?
To carry out the migration successfully, we recommend following these steps:
- Update Progress®OpenEdge to version 12 or higher.
- Define the forms you will be working with.
- Reuse internal program procedures.
If you want to learn more about how DataGate GDP works, and how to acquire it, please write to us, and we will be back to you as soon as possible.